Project 40

JeeperG

Out here polishing a turd, I often wonder what stories stuff like this could tell? 80 year old fender with previous repairs, I've seen brazing and leading in this project so far, I'm fortunate to have family teach me how to properly fix stuff like this, I'm sure spending more money on a better fender would be easier but I want to learn the art.

IMG_20200116_193148.jpg

IMG_20200116_194600.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200116175712861_COVER.jpg

JeeperG

Cut those welded on pieces of sheet metal off the rear stake pockets, who knows why they welded them on in the first place? I'll just get new stake pockets and whatever else isn't looking to good. Not gonna worry about the bed too much just yet.

IMG_20200119_164353.jpg

IMG_20200119_164343.jpg

JeeperG

I was gonna wait to actually put the serpentine kit on but since I think we can get the engine in without wrecking it I went ahead and put it on. Something is off on it though and I may call the manufacturer or maybe get a second set of eyeballs and just fix it? I was gonna also mate up the transmission but I'm missing a couple 3 bolts.
IMG_20200124_213439.jpg

IMG_20200124_212953.jpg

JeeperG

Okay, I think I figured out my issue, this bracket here was only thread able from one side, I thought maybe by design, manufacturer tells me I had it on the wrong way.. just had maintenance at work tap it for me so I can thread it on the way it's supposed to go. He told me the same thing about it being tapered, glad I'm not losing my mind. 😄. I'll toss it on tomorrow and see if that fixes the issue I had.

IMG_20200128_185201.jpg

JeeperG

As I posted on the description there..

"My father and brother where able to restore dads first car together (1940 Ford Coupe Deluxe) after the restoration it became tradition to jam out to "War - Low Rider" during the drives and car shows. In keeping with that sort of tradition and as of today, I am warning any riders of this 1940 Ford..pickup truck, they will be subjected to Primus and a Big Block Chevy!"

Greg

Are you not entertained?!
Admin
Apparently I better get off my ass and get this Fordy on the road....another cousin just picked up this 49 Chev, so if I count right with the two unfinished projects that's 7 trucks in the family. 😎

View attachment 124997
Always loved those trucks, there was a old, green one behind a house where I grew up.... always wanted to build it up like that one!

JeeperG

They're good looking trucks. I can't wait to join in the fun, if we can manage to get all of us together with as many of these vehicles as possible in one place that would be super cool.

JeeperG

Also at work I was thinking I could share some more old pics of "The ones that got away" or "I wish I had never sold that. :D We all got something right?

In 1971 after returning from Vietnam my dad bought off the lot a brand new AAR Cuda, The following year my brother was born and well, he had to sell it cause he had a new born to take care of. My brother was able to track down the guy my dad sold it to back then and he had just sold it like 8 years prior for like $1000, he also mentioned at some point parts had been stolen so it wouldn't have been an all original numbers matching. Sure was worth a try though, that would have been a hell of a story there. Also the reason my brother got a 16 challenger instead.

Next to the car is my dads oldest brother, my uncle that helps with some of these builds, the one holding on to many old vehicles
71_AAR_CUDA.jpg

Grandma and my dad.
71_AAR_CUDA1.jpg